Sunday, May 30, 2010

Speed of Sound In Seawater

So I went to a show downtown/midtown with a friend to see the Speed of Sound in Seawater. One of the dudes in the band recorded some of my music, and I like his music style, so I wanted to check the band out live. As we were driving up to the pizza joint that it was right next to the gay district, which was pretty awesome. My friend and I wished we could have gone clubbing, but neither of us are 21.

I was surprised that the other bands/headlining bands were hardcore/screamo/screaming. Aside from the occasional, theatrical scream, I would never consider SSIS hardcore.

If you're into local music, you should check this band out. One of the dudes recorded some of my music. They are a combination of indie-folky-weirdness, math rock, post-hardcore guitar/drums, and screaming. Their albums are up on bandcamp for free.

http://www.myspace.com/thespeedofsoundinseawater

No comments:

Post a Comment